Potassium silicate densifier for concrete.
1. Read full Product Data Sheet before using Forti-Kal™
2. Test on an inconspicuous area and allow to dry to check the result.
3. Ensure the concrete is dry inside before applying. If applying on freshly poured (green) concrete, it is recommended to give the concrete a minimum 2 hours cure time before applying.
4. Apply when surface temperature is above 2°Celsius (36° F) and below 27°Celsius (80°F).
5. Apply generously and evenly with a pump sprayer, so the surface remains glistening wet for at least 2 minutes. AVOID POOLING.
6. DO NOT over apply – all of the product should penetrate without leaving any excess on the surface. If product all penetrates within 5 minutes, apply more.
7. How much Forti-Kal™ to use:
a) As a primer / curing agent / moisture barrier / anti-dusting treatment – it is important to get enough product into the pores. Minimum 2 coats recommended.
b) For optimal polished concrete, impregnate twice:
i. First impregnation – after grinding with 80 to 100 grit metal-bond pad. If the first coat penetrates within 5 minutes, apply a second lighter coat (and further coats if necessary).
ii. Second impregnation – after 400 grit resin bond pad. If it is not penetrating well, dilute 2 parts Forti-KalTM to 1 part water.
iii. Allow treated surface to cure for minimum 4 hours before grinding. Forti-KalTM cures faster than sodium, potassium, lithium densifiers, but longer cure = harder = more shine.
iv. For the best results, try Forti-ColTM new technology colloidal silica densifier.
8. Application rate PER COAT: approximately 6 to 15m2 / L (240 to 600 square ft / G) depending on concrete density and porosity.
9. Recommended Dilution: Forti-Kal™ is a ready-to-use out of the container.
For freshly poured or dense concrete, Forti-KalTM can be diluted a little more – 2 parts Forti- KalTM to 1 part water (no more than 1 part Forti-KalTM to 1 part water).
Causes skin irritation.
Causes serious eye irritation
Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing.
Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower.
IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
For advice, immediately contact a doctor, ambulance, or, a Poison Information Centre: Australia – 13 11 26 (Australia Wide)
USA – American Association of Poison Control Centres 1-800-222-1222
Canadian Poison Centres – Ontario (24/7): Telephone: 416-813-5900; Toll free: 1-800-268- 9017
UK – England and Wales: NHS 111 – dial 111; Scotland: NHS 24 – dial 111; Republic of Ireland: 01 809 2166
Spillage – Take up mechanically or with absorbent material such as sand, earth or vermiculite.
TDG UN Status: This material is not regulated as a hazardous material for transportation.
Best within 2 years of manufacture date.
Store away from direct sunlight.
Keep container tightly sealed, in a well-ventilated place, at 36 – 900 Fahrenheit of 2 – 320 Celsius